Thursday, February 5, 2009

Music?

I'm going to do something VERY RARE here and talk about music.

First: watch this.



The most recent Playing for Change music video, released for Bob Marley's birthday, is One Love. One of the groups that plays is The Exile Brothers from Dharamsala, India. Now, I never saw them play, but I often frequented the restaurant that they were affiliated with, and saw them around. I googled them up real quick and found their MySpace page. I'm a big fan of what I've heard. It's pretty chill stuff, but it's got a real power to it. They describe themselves thusly:
"Touches of the Doors mixed with Tibetan traditional instruments, Buddhist thinking, and the blues sewn together with dreams of being back in Tibet and physical and spiritual freedom."
Anyway, I recommend checking them out if you're into that sort of thing.

Another artist I've been listening to for a while is Andy McKee. He's ancient news, especially by internet standards, but if you haven't seen him play, well, he is fairly impressive, at least to a musical Luddite like me:



Sounds like a bit of a douche, though?

One last video to make up for a lack of original content!

No comments:

Post a Comment